Tuesday, September 3, 2013

SHOPPING FOR GROCERIES HAS ITS CHALLENGES


Photo Source:http://www.leavedebtbehind.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/save-money.jpg
 

Hello Readers!

I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! I really enjoyed spending time with my family and laughing over all sorts of things like guilty pleasures (reality TV), favorite foods (anything sweet), and our own little quirks (like being cold or hot natured and needing the temperature at a specific degree). Having people around is always a good feeling and lets you know that you are loved.

I decided to go grocery shopping that evening and made my way to Whole Foods. A couple who checked out before me only had two very small bags and their groceries totaled to $167 dollars! My eyes shot up to my eyebrows because it didn’t look as if they purchased anything other than a few produce items. Anyway, I created a carefully organized shopping list to guide me (and keep me from following in their footsteps, haha). I plan to set up a link where EPD readers can print out a template to help keep your shopping goals from going haywire.
 
I am on a mission to make healthier food choices and learn how to make delicious meals that are low sugar, gluten-free and in some cases dairy free. The great thing about the web is that there are hundreds of sources to find incredible recipes from people who are on the same mission. It's still a challenge. Flavors are important to me and I don't necessarily want to compromise, lol. Plus, those recipes can be awfully intimidating to follow. It kind of makes you want to stop before getting started.
 
I know I couldn't be the only one who gets a bit annoyed at their grocery bill. Comment below and share your peeves with grocery shopping. Tips are welcomed as well!
 
Have an awesome Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment