Monday, September 2, 2013

A DELECTABLE TABLE FOR A DELECTABLE BRAND


Racheal's Delectables Table



In support of a friend who bakes cheesecakes and cupcakes, I visited her booth at a local event in downtown Memphis. Although the booth was adorned with floating candles and other décor, it really did not fully reflect what she intended – which was to attract as many customers as possible and gain more clients. After the event, she asked if I would come up with a few ideas to make her booth stand out at the next event. I was very excited because the challenge involved using cost-effective ideas.

The first thing I did was sketch out the layout of the table and how I could maximize such a small space. She didn’t have a banner so we had to improvise on other ways to showcase her brand. I created a few printouts – a sign-up sheet, a photo of her succulent cheesecakes, and two price signs. The signs were framed at propped upon cake plate stands and I had a small container for business cards to be readily accessible. I LOVE glass apothecary jars and decided that filling one with candy would be a darling look. Mints in little glasses also sat on the table. I saw a photo of a cupcake prop and thought it would be great to recreate the look at another time. When shopping, she found a few glass cupcake props which went great with her theme. When she sent me the photo of the finished vending table, I was smiling from ear to ear!

We’ll be working on a banner for her next event and I look forward to helping her on her journey to being an established brand. This overall look came in under $50.00, which was pretty great. Just imagine the creative things one can explore once the budget allows for it!




No comments:

Post a Comment